International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand

This applies to skilled workers who may not have a job offer in Saskatchewan but are highly skilled in an in-demand occupation in the province. They must also meet the requirements for the category. Requirements After you must have fulfilled all other requirements, you are also required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $350 online (payment can be done via Visa or Mastercard) to be able to submit your application. To qualify, you must live outside Saskatchewan/Canada or have a proof of legal status in Canada, and must not be a refugee claimant. In addition, you must:
  • have a score of at least 60 points (out of 110) in the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) point assessment grid. SINP points are allocated based on the following factors and relevant proofs must be attach to your application;
    • Education and training
    • Skilled work experience
    • Language ability
    • Age, and
    • Connections to Saskatchewan (it could be job offer or family)
  • possess a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4. Note that some employers/regulator may require a higher score.
  • have post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship that is comparable to its equivalent in Canada. Under the post-secondary education, applicants should:
    • have a diploma, certificate or degree related to the intended occupation. They must provide an educational credential assessment (ECA) from an approved organization.
    •  If you completed trades or job training as part of your secondary education, you must instead apply for Saskatchewan licensure.
  • have work experience that is highly skilled and not on the Excluded Occupation List.
    • you must have at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a skilled occupation in the past 10 years, and must be related to your area of education (full-time here is at least 30 hours per week).
    • work experience must be in a high skilled occupation (NOC “0”, “A” or “B”) that is considered to be “in-demand” in Saskatchewan at the time of your application.
    • work experience must be related to the intended occupation in Canada
  • possess proof of Professional Status or of eligibility for Licensure
  • possess proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.
  • have an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Understanding the Expression of Interest (EOI) The International Skilled Worker Expression of Interest (EOI) is not an application to the SINP. The EOI is a pre-application process through which candidates indicate their interest in applying to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). While there is no limit to the number of candidates who can submit an EOI, not all candidates who submit an EOI will be invited to apply to the SINP. Before you can apply for this category (In-demand occupation category), you must have submitted an Expression of Interest (EOI). A successful submission of an EOI will enter you into the EOI pool of eligible candidates, from which selected candidates will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Note, however, that receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) depends on the points scores of an EOI profile. In other words, the higher your EOI score, the better your chances of being issued an ITA. You must ensure that all information provided are accurate, as your EOI points will be allocated based on the information provided and you will be required to provide proof of your EOI points when applying to the SINP. Please note that candidates can have only one EOI profile. If it is suspected that you and/or your representative provided false information, your application will be subjected to an investigation by the Program Integrity Unity (PIU), and if false information is established, your application will be rejected and you may be suspended from the SINP for a minimum of two years. Documentation An integral part of the application process is to provide all necessary documents in order to prove;
    • Your identity,
    • Work experience,
    • Academic credentials, and
    • Language ability.
Documents Needed:
  1. Generic Application Form for Canada (must be filled by the main applicant only).
  2. Additional Family Information Form (must be filled by both the main applicant and the spouse).
  3. Schedule A – Background/Declaration (must be filled by both the main applicant and spouse).
  4. Additional Dependents/Declaration (if you have more than five dependents/children).
  5. Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (if you have a common-law partner).
  6. Use of a Representative form (if you are using an Immigration Representative).
  7. Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (if you are designating someone to contact SINP on your behalf).
  8. Translators
If your documents are not in English or French, you must provide translated copies with the originals. All translation must meet the requirements of Canada’s federal government. In addition to this, your translator must provide a Translator Affidavit, to show that they are qualified to act as translator. A Translator must fulfill the following conditions to qualify:
  • Must be certified by a regulatory body approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • Must not be a family member of the applicant.
  • Must not be a spouse of the applicant.
  • Must not be anyone who works for or who is a paid consultant or representative handling your application.
Highly Necessary Documents
  • Identity and Civil Status Documents
  • Birth Certificate that reflects both parents (for the main applicant and Spouse or common-law partner)
  • Birth Certificate that reflects both parents (for each dependent child).
  • Applicant’s marriage certificate (if married), and
  • A death certificate of your former spouse (if widowed).
If you are in a common-law relationship you must provide:
  • IMM 5409 Declaration of Common-Law Union.
  • Proof of at least one year of common-law relationship, which may include; bank statement showing a joint account, trust, credit union or charge card account; copy of your signed joint lease or mortgage; copy of jointly-owned property (different from your residence); copy of bills made to both of you; or copy of life insurance that lists the other partner as the beneficiary.
If you or your spouse is divorced, you must provide:
  • Final documents for all divorces
  • Documents for Custody and child support (if applicable).
Adoption papers for all dependent children who were adopted. If you have dependent children, you must include;
  • A letter from the other parent indicating that they know of your intention to immigrate to Canada (with or without the child/children), and that there are no pending custody or child support issues.
  • Proof of custody for each child and proof that you are legally allowed to travel with the child/children from your home country.
If you have dependent children that are not traveling with you to Canada, you must include;
  • Their names, age and contact details (mailing address, email address, and phone number).
  • A document stating the reason why each dependent child is not traveling with you.
Passport An applicant’s passport must be valid through the entire application process, from submission of application to obtaining permanent residency. To be added to the application are copies of passport pages that reflect the passport number, date of issue, expiry date, photo, name and place of birth for:
  • You (the main applicant).
  • Your spouse or common-law partner.
  • All dependent children traveling with you to Saskatchewan.
Also, if you are living in a country that is not your nationality, you must include a copy of your visa for that country. Education/Training Credentials Proof of a minimum of one year of post-secondary education or training, which must be comparable to its Canadian equivalent. Proof may be a degree, diploma, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate. Applicants must provide any of the following as proof:
  • Education or trade certificates, degrees or diplomas. Must include copies of your official transcripts(if applicable), which should reflect your institution(s) attended and courses taken;
  • For education/training obtained outside Canada, you must submit an educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization (from the IRCC’s list of approved organizations).
  • Professional designations, professional licenses and/or professional association memberships; and
  • Certificate of apprenticeship (that is verifiable and comparable to its equivalent in the Canadian education system programs). It should contain details of program structure, courses, length and its administering authority.
You may decide to apply to the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission. Work Experience Credentials Proof of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a skilled occupation over the last ten years, that is related to your area of education (full-time here is minimum 30 hours per week). Your work experience must be in a high skilled occupation (NOC “0”, “A” or “B”) that is considered to be in-demand in Saskatchewan at the time of your application. Your proof of employment (work experience) must meet the following conditions:
  •  Letters of reference and proof of employment for each job position listed.
  •  Letter of reference from your Supervisor or Human Resources Officer, which must be printed on the company’s letterhead.
Each reference letter must reflect the following information:
  •  job position held and dates of employment;
  • main duties and responsibilities;
  • Number of hours worked each week;
  • A summarized company description (nature of the business, industry and operations);
  • Name, signature, and direct contact details of your supervisor or manager (including email address matching the company domain and telephone number); and
  • Physical address of the company.
In addition to the reference letters, applicants must provide at least 3 of the following documents as support:
  • Pension fund/Provident funds;
  • Medical Insurance and/or social security record;
  • Work permits/work visas/labour cards for any foreign work experience;
  • Employment contracts;
  • Specific examples of work completed with your employer(s); and/or
  • Any other information that assists in verifying work experience.
If claiming work experience as a self-employed, you must provide the following documents:
  • Business License,
  • Proof of income, and
  • Letters of reference from clients.
Professional Status or Licensure (if applicable) If applicable, applicants need to provide proof of your professional status or Licensure. An application may be held for processing until proof of Professional Status or Licensure is provided. Language Test Results. Language Tests results must;
  • Be from an approved testing agency.
  • Have English and/or French language ability score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or higher.
  • Be less than two years old at the time of application.
Approved Testing Agencies and Score English Language
  1. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Minimum Score: Listening- 4.5, Reading- 3.5, Writing- 4, Speaking- 4. 2. The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General) Minimum Score: Listening- 4, Reading- 4, Writing- 4, Speaking- 4. French Language
  1. The Test d’évaluation de français (for French language)
Score: Listening- 145, Reading- 121, Writing- 181, Speaking- 181.
  1. The Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada)
Minimum Score: Listening- 331, Reading- 342, Writing- 4, Speaking- 4. If you speak both English and French, and choose to claim additional points for bi-lingual language ability, you must provide language test with same requirements as the above. Proof of Settlement Funds Proof that you have enough funds to support your household during your employment search after you arrive in Saskatchewan. The amount required as proof is dependent on the size of your family. You must have the “Minimum Funds Required” for at least three months post-arrival, before submitting your application. You must also meet the Minimum Funds Required when you apply for permanent residency after nomination by the SINP and throughout the permanent residency process. Proof of funds must:
  • be official letters, official statements, and/or certificates from one or more financial institutions.
  • have been operated for at least 3 months before submitting your application, and be operated throughout the entire immigration process.
  • be in the name of the main applicant and/or spouse only
  • Proof of Fund’s statement must reflect a transaction history of at least 3 months before the date you submit your application. It must clearly show: type of currency, fund holder’s name, contact information of the financial institution, account numbers, transactions, and balance.
  • In the transaction history, account must show that when the account was at its lowest balance, it met the settlement requirement for the size of the household.
Accepted Proof of funds includes:
  • Personal chequing or savings accounts,
  • Bonds,
  • Cash value life insurance,
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GICs) or Certificates of Deposit,
  • Mutual Funds,
  • Provident Funds (a letter from the provident fund organization indicating the amount of funds that are accessible is required),
  • Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs),
  • Stocks,
  • Tax Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs),
  • Term deposits and time deposits (must be valid at the time of application and remain valid throughout the entire application process), and/or
  • Treasury Bills.
Please note that credit cards, lines of credit, gold, cash, debentures, property or businesses are not acceptable proofs of settlement funds. Settlement Plan Applicants must include a settlement plan in their application. For ease, It is advisable to use the “IRCC Living In Canada” tool to create your settlement plan even though it is meant to provide general guidance and reference only, the answers you provide will be used to provide you with resources and services that can help you plan for residency in Saskatchewan.
  • Using the “IRCC Living In Canada” tool
If you are applying from outside of Canada, to use the Living in Canada tool to create a settlement plan, you must select “No, I applied but am still waiting” when asked “Has IRCC approved your application to come to Canada?” After you answer the questions, the Living in Canada Tool will create “Your settlement plan.” You can print or email the plan to yourself from that page in order to attach it to your application. Close Relative in Saskatchewan (if applicable) The following are considered as close relatives:
  • A parent;
  • A sister or brother;
  • An aunt or uncle;
  • A niece or nephew;
  • A first cousin;
  • A grandparent; or
  • A step-family member/in- law of the same relationship.
To be eligible for having close relative in Saskatchewan points, you must provide the following documents from the relative:
  • a birth certificate, marriage certificate and/or any other official government, education or religious documents, which proves your relationship to the relative. In case you don’t have the original, please note that the SINP does not accept affidavits.
  • A copy of the relative’s Canadian permanent resident or citizenship card, or Canadian passport.
  • Proof that the close relative has been resident in Saskatchewan for at least the last one year and is financially independent. To prove financial independence, applicant’s relative must provide the following:
  • Utility bills from the last one year from SaskPower, SaskEnergy or a city or town office. (telephone, cellular or cable bills are not acceptable);
  • Saskatchewan Health Card or Saskatchewan driver’s licence;
  • Proof that the close relative is a registered tenant of a Saskatchewan address (a lease agreement and rental receipts or a proof of ownership). It should include the names of other occupants at this address and applicants relationship to them; and
  • Proof of receipt of income for at least the last three months.
Should the close relative has children between the ages of 5 and 17, you may be asked for copies of their enrolment in the Saskatchewan education system, be prepared just in case. It is important to note the following;
  • Close relatives can support only one application at a time.
  • one household can support only one application at a time. If your close relative is already supporting an SINP application, they can’t support your application until the nominee they are supporting has lived and worked in Saskatchewan for at least six months.
  • must include documents from your close relative regarding their previously supported applicant. Documents must show that previously supported applicants have settled in Saskatchewan. Your close relative must provide:
    • Proof of Permanent Resident status,
    • Canadian Citizenship,
    • Canadian permanent resident card,
    • Canadian citizenship card, or
    • Canadian passport.
  • close relative must be living and working in Saskatchewan for at least the last six months. To prove this, you may provide;
    • Utility bills from the last six months from either SaskPower; SaskEnergy; a city or town office (the SINP will not accept telephone, cellular or cable bills);
    • Saskatchewan Health Card or Saskatchewan driver’s licence;
    • Proof of registered tenancy in a Saskatchewan address (a lease agreement and rental receipts or proof of ownership) and names of other occupants at this address and their relationship to them.
    • Proof of employment during the last six months (with copies of payslips or a letter with company’s letterhead from their employer confirming employment).
Previous work experience in Saskatchewan (if applicable) If you want to receive points for working in Saskatchewan, you must provide documentation demonstrating that you spent at least a year working there in the previous five years. Reference letters, written on the official letterhead of your former employer(s), are required. The letter(s) must be signed by an official company representative (identified by name and title), with details about the following:
  • Applicant’s job position,
  • Dates of employment, and
  • Applicant’s main duties/responsibilities.
Previous study experience in Saskatchewan (if applicable) If you want to receive points for your time spent studying in Saskatchewan, you must complete the following paperwork:
  • Education/trade certificates, degrees or diplomas with official transcripts (if applicable), with details of institution(s) attended and courses taken; or
  • A letter from the registrar stating that you studied at a Saskatchewan institution.
However, remotely completed studies are not eligible for these extra points.