International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer

  This applies to skilled workers who have a job offer for a skilled occupation in Saskatchewan, and also meet the criteria of the sub-category. Eligibility Requirements One of the important eligibility criteria for this category is applicant’s residence and status in Canada. An applicant must live outside Canada or have a proof of legal status in Canada, and must not be a refugee claimant. In addition, an applicant must:
  • have a score of at least 60 points in the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) point assessment grid.
  • have at least one-year work experience in the past 10 years in the intended occupation.
  • have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.  Some employers  may require a higher score depending on the occupation
  • be eligible for Saskatchewan license if the intended occupation is in a regulated profession or compulsory apprenticeship trade.
  • have a job offer for a permanent, full-time job in Saskatchewan. A valid SINP Job Approval Letter is required as proof. Your would-be employers must register with the SINP and obtain the Job Approval Letter, then provide the letter to you. The job offer must be in an occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix level “A”, “B” or “O”, or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan.
  • all necessary documents must be provided at the point of submitting your application.
  • provide proof that you intend to live and work in Saskatchewan.
SINP criteria may change at any time, however, applications are often treated on the terms and conditions that apply when it was received. The number of SINP nominations per year is determined by the federal government, and as such there’s no guarantee that a application will be accepted. Misrepresentation is an offence when it comes to Canada’s immigration hence, an application may be denied if an applicant or a representative intentionally misrepresent themselves in the application. The following may not be eligible to apply to this stream;
  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.
  • Health professionals not currently eligible for the International Healthcare Worker EOI (they may be able to apply to the SINP Health Professional category).
  • Food and Beverage Servers/Persons (they may be able to apply under the Hospitality Sector Project category).
Documentation When applying, you must provide all necessary documents in order to prove;
  • Your identity,
  • Work experience,
  • Academic credentials, and
  • Language ability.
Required Documents:
  1. Generic Application Form for Canada (must be filled by the main applicant only).
  2. Additional Family Information Form (must be filled by both the main applicant and the spouse).
  3. Schedule A – Background/Declaration (must be filled by both the main applicant and spouse).
  4. Additional Dependents/Declaration (if you have more than five dependants/children).
  5. Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (if you have a common-law partner).
  6. Use of a Representative form (if you are using an Immigration Representative).
  7. Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (if you are designating someone to contact SINP on your behalf).
  8. Translators
If your documents are not in English or French, you must provide translated copies with the originals. All translation must meet the requirements of Canada’s federal government. In addition to this, your translator must provide a Translator Affidavit, to show that they are qualified to act as translator. A Translator must fulfill the following conditions to qualify:
  • certified by a regulatory body approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • must not be a family member of the applicant.
  • must not be a spouse of the applicant.
  • must not be anyone who works for or who is a paid consultant or representative handling your application.
Highly Necessary Documents:
  • A  letter of job offer.
  • Language test results.
  • Education/Training Credentials.
  • Work Experience Credentials.
  • Regulatory or Licensing Credentials (if applicable).
  • Identity and Civil Status Documents.
  • Passports.
  • A letter of job offer for full-time, permanent job from a Saskatchewan employer in the NOC Matrix level “O”, “A” or “B” occupation, or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan. In addition to this, you must provide a valid SINP Job Approval Letter. The SINP job Approval Letter must;
    • be addressed to the main applicant.
    • reflect the job title, duties and responsibilities, wage, benefits, location and company contact details.
    • be written on the company’s letterhead and signed by employer.
  • Language test results must be;
    • from an approved testing agency.
    • have language ability score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or higher.
    • less than two years old at the time of application.
  • Approved Testing Agencies and Score
  • The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Score: Listening- 4.5, Reading- 3.5, Writing- 4, Speaking- 4.
  • The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General)
Score: Listening- 4, Reading- 4, Writing- 4, Speaking- 4. French
  • The Test d’évaluation de français (for French language)
Score: Listening- 145, Reading- 121, Writing- 181, Speaking- 181.
  • The Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada)
Score: Listening- 331, Reading- 342, Writing- 4, Speaking- 4. You may not be required to provide a language test result if you are a native speaker from an English or French speaking country where you are a citizen or permanent resident. However, you must provide a valid language test result even if English or French is your native language if your intended job falls under NOC “C”.
  • Education/Training Credentials (if applicable) This may include;
    • Education or trade certificates, degrees or diplomas. Must include copies of applicant’s official transcripts, which should reflect the institution(s) attended and courses taken.
    • Professional designations, professional licences, or professional association memberships.
    • Apprenticeship certificate (that is verified and comparable to the Canadian education system equivalent) with details of the program, courses, length and its administering/regulatory authority
  • Work Experience Credentials , this includes;
    • proof of a minimum of one year of full-time (at least 30 hours per week) paid work experience in the last 10 years in the intended occupation.
    • letters of reference from past employers, as proof of your work experience for each job included.
    • letters of reference from a supervisor or Human Resources Officer, that is printed on the company’s letterhead which must reflect:
      • applicant’s job position and dates of employment.
      • applicant’s main duties on the job.
      • number of hours worked per week if the position was not full-time.
      • contact details of your supervisor or manager.
    • If claiming work experience as a self-employed, applicant must provide:
      • business License;
      • proof of income, and
      • letters of reference from clients.
  • Regulatory/Licensing Credentials (if applicable) If your intended occupation is one that is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires a certification or licensing in the province, you must provide proof of eligibility to be licensed.
  • Identity and Civil Status Documents
    • birth Certificate that reflects both parents (for the main applicant).
    • birth Certificate that reflects both parents (for your spouse or common-law partner).
    • birth Certificate that reflects both parents (for each dependent child).
    • applicant’s marriage certificate (if married), and
    • a death certificate of your former spouse (if widowed).
If you are in a common-law relationship you must provide:
    • IMM 5409 Declaration of Common-Law Union.
    • proof of at least one year of common-law relationship, which may include; bank statement showing a joint account; copy of your signed joint lease or mortgage; copy of jointly-owned property (different from your residence); copy of bills made to both of you; or copy of life insurance that lists the other partner as the beneficiary.
If you or your spouse is divorced, you must provide:
    • Final documents for all divorces.
    • Documents for Custody and child support (if applicable).
    • Adoption papers for all dependent children who were adopted.
If you have dependent children, you must include:
    • A letter from the other parent indicating that they know of your intention to immigrate to Canada (with or without the child/children), and that there are no pending custody or child support issues.
    • Proof of custody for each child and proof that you are legally allowed to travel with the child/children from your home country.
If you have dependent children that are not traveling with you to Canada, you must include:
    • Their name, age and contact details (mailing address, email address, and phone number).
    • A document stating the reason why each dependent child is not traveling with you.
  • Passport
    • must be valid through the entire application process, from submission of application to obtaining permanent residency.
    • must include copies of pages  that reflect the passport number, date of issue, expiry date, photo, name and place of birth for:
      • You (the main applicant).
      • Your spouse or common-law partner.
      • All dependent children traveling with you to Saskatchewan.
If you live in a country that is not your nationality, you must include a copy of your visa for the country.